Entropion & Ectropion
Entropion is an eyelid dysfunction that occurs when the upper or lower eyelid and eyelashes turn inward towards the eye, causing the lid and lashes to rub against the cornea and conjunctiva.
- Relaxation of eyelid tissue due to aging changes
- Chronic infections with scarring on the inner surface of the eyelid
- Traumatic eyelid injuries
- Excessive tearing
- Foreign body sensation
- Sensitivity to light and wind
- Redness and pain of the eye
- Impaired vision
Several surgical procedures may be used to tighten the eyelid and its attachments to improve the lid position. Taping the lid or lubricating the eye with drops or ointment may provide temporary relief and protection for the eye.