New Hearing Center Now Open!
Since 1971, our patients have entrusted us with every aspect of their eye care – from routine exams to treating the most complex eye disorders. We have recently expanded our services to provide care for another important sense, your hearing. You can now take care of all your vision and hearing needs at the practice you know and trust.
Licensed Clinical Audiologist Dr. Erin Rellinger is providing FREE comprehensive diagnostic hearing exams for a limited time and custom fitting of hearing aids at our Cumberland location — to patients and non-patients alike. With many levels of technology and styles available, she can help you find a hearing aid that fits your hearing loss, lifestyle and budget. Get more information here, and contact us for a coordinated appointment for the care of both your eyes and ears.
Did you know it is recommended you have a hearing check every 12 months, especially if you are over 55 years of age or work in a loud environment? Your hearing health can provide important insights to your overall medical health. If you or someone you care about is wondering whether they may have a hearing loss, take the Hearing Health Quiz below:
1. Do you frequently ask people to repeat themselves?
2. Do you typically have trouble understanding a conversation or mishear people in a group or in the presence of background noise?
3. When watching television or listening to the radio, do you need to set the volume higher than other people to hear comfortably?
4. Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
5. Do you have difficulty carrying on a telephone conversation?
6. Do you hear better through one ear than the other when you are on the telephone?
7. Do you have dizziness, pain, or ringing in your ears?
8. Do family members or co-workers remark about your missing what has been said?
If you answered YES to one or more of the questions above, you should be evaluated by an audiologist.