Zane Pollard MD is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist specializing in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus. His undergraduate studies were at Northwestern University and his medical school degree is from Tulane University. He completed his residency training at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, and his fellowship training at Wills Eye Hospital. Dr. Pollard joined Eye Consultants of Atlanta in 1974 and practices at the Scottish Rite location.
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology, 1975
Eye Consultants Office Served:
- Best Doctors in Atlanta, Atlanta Magazine, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Best Doctors in the U.S.A., 2001, 2009-13
- Authored more than 90 scientific papers on a variety of pediatric ophthalmology topics, including publishing the first paper in the English literature on a blood test for ocular toxocara (a parasitic infection of the eye); the first paper concerned with the surgical treatment of secondary angle closure glaucoma in newborns with retinopathy of prematurity; papers discussing tear duct obstructions in newborns; and papers discussing the rehabilitation of children with congenital cataracts.
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, honor award, 1997
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, honor award, 1998
Medical Memberships & Affiliations:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- American Ophthalmological Society
- Board of directors of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, 2005 - 2008
- Journal: Biocular Vision Quarterly, editorial board
- James Hall Eye Center fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology, Atlanta, GA, director, 1979-2002. This program trains two fellows each year; Dr. Pollard has trained 35 fellows.
- Ophthalmologists from California, Texas, New York, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Pennsylvania, Indiana, South Carolina, Virginia, Louisiana, Arizona, Wisconsin, Illinois, Colorado and Montana have come to train in pediatric ophthalmology with Dr. Pollard.
Medical Journal Reviewer:
- American Journal of Ophthalmology
- Archives of Ophthalmology
- Binocular Vision and Strabismus Quarterly (member of the editorial board)
- Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Journal of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Indian Pediatric Journal
- Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Pediatric Ophthalmology, 1974
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, Ophthalmology, 1973
- University of California, San Francisco, CA, General surgery, 1968
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 1967
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, M.D., 1966
- Honors: Alpha Omega Alpha national medical honor society
- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL